Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby We Were...

not “Born to Run,” unfortunately.

We had been hoping to leave Iowa in time to get ourselves to tomorrow’s free concert at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. Everybody’s Boss, Bruce Springsteen, is slated to perform (as are a bunch of other artists known only here as, “not Bruce Springsteen”). Packing and preparations being what they are, though, our hopes of getting there in time are dwindling. I won’t complain, because I’m getting the opportunity of a lifetime with the inauguration alone.

Ah, forget it…I’m going to complain.

I could have seen The Boss! For free! Who knows, maybe there’s still time, but I’m thinking the only Springsteen gracing my ears will be that which comes from my iPod. At least we’ll get to see Aretha Franklin the morning of the ceremony on Tuesday. That's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment