Wednesday, January 21, 2009

QC Shout Out

This was the Iowa representative in the Newseum's display of nationwide headlines for this, the day after the inauguration. There were worldwide headlines as well- a sure reflection of the large scale significance of yesterday. I have some photos of those I'll get up when I can, though I had to get my Quad City Times photo up first...I hail from the QC area.

On a related note, if anyone has a DC trip planned for any point in the future, reserve a half day for a Newseum visit. The place is amazing, especially today, after some huge news took place in the nation's capitol.

Tonight, like the daytime hours before it, was pretty relaxed. Masses of people remain, though they move with the immediacy of window shoppers rather than anxious inauguration goers. I think for many, present company INCLUDED, this was the first day to not be checking the clock every minute, wondering how to navigate around closed roads, or convincing ourselves that 10+ miles isn't too much to walk. It was nice to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment