Sunday, January 18, 2009

Touchdown

The inauguration roadster's gotten us where we need to be, though not until after an hour or so battle with traffic, and a missed opportunity to see The Boss (don't worry...I'll be OK). I'll post more details later, after I've eaten and attempted to regrow some brain cells after the drive. Long story short for now...weather across Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania added an extra three-or-so hours to the trip. By the numbers:

-90 ounces of coffee consumed
-1 gallon of windshield washer fluid used
-And, perhaps most important, only 3 restroom breaks taken (remember, I'm practicing for Tuesday)

We're going to walk down to the Mall in a bit...I'll be keeping a keen eye on the toilet situation.

2 comments:

  1. Jake and Amber,
    So glad to hear that you made it safely to DC. Now let the FUN BEGIN!!! that is after you get some food and sleep. Busy days ahead. I have notified lots of friends to look for your blogg.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you missed Bruce. The concerts weren't televised so I only saw bits of each one on the news. I can't imagine you and a porta potty. I hope you have your hand cleaner.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete