Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cars and More

Boy, traffic is crazy in DC tonight. Apparently, the city had expected folks to vacate this morning, which to a certain extent is true. Many more stayed around than they had thought, though, resulting in traffic gridlock. At least one radio traffic reporter derided all those "out of town plates" clogging things up.

We're heading to a play this evening. The excitement hasn't subsided much today. It was hard to go anywhere without chatting with someone about the inauguration. My brother-in-law described it as like hosting the Olympics.

I got some great photos from the Newseum, all relevant to the events of this week, that I will get uploaded later this evening. I do have some recovery ahead of me after having nailed my head on a glass display at the Newseum. I leaned in for a close look, and whoever cleaned it did such a good job I didn't see. My forehead found it, though. I felt like a bird running into a picture window. I can't help but think Ricky had something to do with it.

1 comment: