Friday, January 16, 2009

Building My Cabinet

All due respect to Joe Biden, but it remains a fact that my second in command- if I were to some day ascend to the presidency- would be one Jack Bauer.

However, if I were to win the lottery, my first act would be to hire Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III as my personal chauffeur. Did you all witness his Hudson River heroics yesterday? I mean, come on. Is there seriously anything this guy couldn't accomplish behind the wheel? The likelihood of his successful crash landing of the 155 passenger US Airways flight was almost nil, or so say the experts. But, every one of his passengers walked away unscathed, and with a story for the ages.

I've put in a call to see if he can drive my wife and me out east for our trip, but it has thus far gone unanswered. Something tells me he has a few talk shows to answer to first. He would most certainly be a member of my cabinet some day (Secretary of Transportation, anyone?).

Not sure how this relates to the inauguration, or the presidency at all. Except, of course, for the fact that incoming President Obama should get him on board Air Force One ASAP.

Not to mention, this pilot might have the coolest name of all time.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mr.Cummer!
    It's Ben Morony from your third grade class!
    (2 years ago) Your blog is really neat! I can't wait to read those books that you like! Which one should I read first?
    Ben Morony

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this blogspot in the Press Citizen today. Hope you guys have an awesome trip! Say "hi" to my daughter, Marin, when you see her- I'm sure you will since there will only be a few million people there in D.C.- Enjoy!
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny!

    J.M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox News wants "Sully" to handle the financial crisis. BRACE FOR IMPACT!!

    ReplyDelete