Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A New Presidential Breakfast Low

Move over Nixon...

Apparently, President Theodore Roosevelt's favorite breakfast was...wait for it...bratwurst with a warm cup of milk.

I love a good brat, especially at a ball game. And warm milk? Maybe if I liked milk more than I do, I'd turn to it when sleep won't come (or is that a myth?). I'm pretty sure I'd feel like garbage by the time my second group of kids rolled in if I started each school day with nothing but a brat and a glass of warm milk, though.

I'm not big into using emoticons, but if there was one that expressed a gagging sensation, it would be inserted here.

1 comment:

  1. Jake, great postings, I look forward to following you along the way.

    As for another bad Presidential Breakfast, Pres. Truman was said to start the day with O.J., Toast, and rye whiskey.

    Could you imagine what people would say about this now?

    Anyway, I had O.J. and toast this morning in honor of Truman, but I'll leave the whiskey aside.

    Thanks again and good luck, enjoy the history.

    ReplyDelete