Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Setting Forth

13 days and counting...

We await the ticket package from Senator Harkin's office at this time. In it, we will find out how close our ticket will get us for the inauguration ceremony, as well as other information we will need, like items prohibited from the ceremony, and so on. Many people have asked how we possibly found a hotel in DC this late in the game.

We didn't.

My wife's brother lives but a brisk walk from the capitol, making this whole experience possible. Although I joke that I'd sleep on concrete a few nights if it meant witnessing this historic moment in person, reality would likely dictate otherwise. We have driven to DC many times, so our car is practically programmed to get us there. I can't wait to join with the 239,998 other ticket holders- as well as an estimated ~1 million just hanging outside the ticketed area- in seeing our 44th president sworn in.

Check back as the day draws nearer for thoughts, photos, videos, and plenty of rambling from your roving inaugural attendee.

1 comment:

  1. Mr.Cummer:
    Hi! This is Anthony Pizzimenti speaking, from Mrs.Johnson's fourth grade ELP class. Remember me? Well, I think that these blog spots are really cool. I would really like to try it out!

    ReplyDelete