Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On Iowa

Our fine state will be represented by more than just those of us civilians making the trek to Washington, DC in less than a week. According to reports, 1,000 National Guard Women and Men from the state of Iowa have been called up for duty...at the Inauguration Ceremony and related events. The same reports indicate there will be about 7,000 total soldiers and airmen on duty, representing 8 different states. That means service men and women from our state will be providing about 14% of the security and crowd control on that day. Pretty impressive.

I'm going to get busy writing those 1,000 going to see if they can throw an extra port-a-potty or two on their military transports. That is, of course, if I can finish shoveling my driveway at some point before nightfall.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats guys! Can't wait to follow your trip...I love reading blogs...especially about exciting events such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mr.Cummer,
    I am a new ELP student in weber school I am Wingel Xue a third grade student in Mrs.Johnsons class.
    I hope you liked the inogoration in Washington DC.
    I like your blog because it is very informative and short.
    Sincerely,Wingel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mr.Cummer I hope your having fun in Washington D.C. I like this blog because it has stuff about before the inauguration and how crazy it was. By the way my name is Jake Parsons and I go to Weber Elementary. I am in Mrs.Murray's class and I am Max and Zeke Parsons's brother's.
    From,Jake Parsons

    ReplyDelete