Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, How My Dogs Will Bark

My mom gets me lots of cool and useful Christmas gifts each year, and this year was no exception (even though she did give me about the 537th pad of sticky notes she’s gotten me since 2000…I’m fixing to go Pee-wee Herman on my house soon by creating a sticky note themed, Post-it wallpapered room).

Among the stocking stuffers this year was a little pedometer I can use to track the mileage I walk each day. I plan to wear this from the moment I get to DC, until the time I leave. My brother-in-law’s house is about 3 miles from the capitol, so with our roundtrip walk on inauguration day alone I should log at least 6 miles (same with the day of the ticket pick-up on Monday). 3 miles may sound like a lot, but they are expecting cabs to be almost impossible to find, parking to be practically nonexistent, and public transport to be clogged at best. We're sitting pretty, actually. We’re expecting to walk everywhere- restaurants, grocery stores, various other events- so I’m thinking the mileage will climb high over the course of the trip.

I’m going to put the over/under at 17 for total miles walked on my trip. I usually run 18-20 miles per week at home, so maybe this will allow me to skip my daily workout while I’m gone. Tomorrow, at the top left of this page, a new poll will allow you to place your vote on the over/under question, and we’ll see how it comes out. I’ll provide daily updates on the total beginning Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment